FRV-1 '63 Fender Reverb
|FRV-1 '63 Fender Reverb|
|Manufactured||August 2009 to present|
The FRV-1 is the third pedal in the Legend Series of compact pedals. As the name implies, it emulates the 1963 Fender Reverb 6G15 unit using COSM technology. Just like the original Fender reverb, the FRV-1 has controls for Dwell, Mixer and Tone. Tone is a simple tone control, Mixer specifies how much reverb is mixed into the direct sounds and Dwell adjusts the amount of the original signal that is sent to the reverb circuit.
Fender has reissued the '63 Reverb so it's possible to get hold of the original effects unit but the FRV-1 can be had for approximately 1/10 of the price. The FRV-1 is known through the sound of the Beach Boys as well as a lot of Blues recordings from the 60s.
- Controls: Dwell, Mixer, Tone
- Connectors: Input, Output, AC Adaptor
- Current Draw: 37 mA (DC 9V)
- Weight: 420 g (15oz.)
- Nominal Input Level: -20dBu
- Input Impedance: 1MOhm
- Nominal Output Level: -20dBu
- Output Impedance: 1kOhm
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10kOhm or greater
- Recommended AC Adaptor: PSA Series
- Dark Gray - Made in Taiwan