[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
StompBoxZone • View topic - RADIO INTERFERENCE??

RADIO INTERFERENCE??

RADIO INTERFERENCE??

Postby fendrix_81 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:56 pm

hi friends,
i have a question to user in this forum,
I would like to know if anyone has any radio interference in the amplificador or in some pedals.

now im live in Spain in a city wich, i dont know why, there are many interference radio.
i have more wich some amps, and not with other,
the same with some pedals like
boss od-3
carl martin compressor limiter

i wroted 1 years ago to carl martin and they told me to install some capacitors and inductor in the carl martin pedal..

could be the rario interference, something wrong in my home?
fendrix_81
Copper Member

Re: RADIO INTERFERENCE??

Postby DarrinPA » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:11 pm

The boss OD-3 is a low gain pedal, usually the interference is picked up by high gain pedals like metal distortions and fuzz pedals. All the Wah pedals I've owned seem to pickup radio interference. Sometimes you can cut down on interference by moving your guitar equipement to different spots in the room, facing it different directions, ect. Also a good power conditioner might help, Monster makes them that seem to work well. Or you can atleast make sure your guitar equipment isn't on the same power circuit as anyother electrics.

It could just depend on the guitar/pickups you use. Do you use single coil pickups or humbuckers?
DarrinPA
Silver Member

Postby thealien666 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:26 pm

If you live near a radio station, or television station transmitter, or taxi radio dispatch antenna it is very likely that your amplifier can pick-up radio signals. Any device that uses some high frequency circuits, like the bias stage of a guitar amp, or some effect pedals, can act as a radio receiver (mostly fm), by frequency interference.

The only solution is to move away from the radio wave source, or sometimes even just moving the equipment around in the room and choosing a spot with the lowest level of interference.

Some equipment are more sensitive than others to such phenomenon. It depend on the electronic circuit design.
That's why the vast majority carry a certification for radio interference, that explains that the device can emit, and can possibly receive such radio interference within the guidelines set by each country.
Last edited by thealien666 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thealien666
Bronze Member

Postby sclitheroe » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:45 pm

I secretly wish my gear would pick up radio stations, I think it could be fun, especially with an arsenal of effects at hand.

-Scott
sclitheroe
Platinum Member

Postby Dirk » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:42 am

Yes, especially at a live gig, you never know what the DJ will play next... :lol:

Plugging your amp in an earthed outlet may also help, as well as using good quality shielded guitar cords.
Dirk
Double Platinum Member
BossArea Double Platinum Member

Postby fendrix_81 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:48 am

well,
at first thx for answer guys!

When i live din Rome, i never had this problem.
Now here in Spain, i have this problem with interference.
I can say that i have interference, too when i dont have plug the guitar in the amp, so try to think at the amp without ani cable, or guitar.. this happend me with marshall vg that i had. And i have some, with other preamps.
When for example i plus the carl martin compressor "wihtout guitar too" i have big radio frequency "too in clean chanel".. i read in internet that many peoples had this problem.
i tried to change cables and had the same problem and i notied that, if i touched the "head" of the cables in the carl martin "wich the hard of cables is my with iron" i had less radio frequency. So i asked in a forun and the told me that probability, i did an HEART on the pedal. This pedal do not has the heart, it has an european 220 cable but without the third pin "wich is the heart".

now i tried to move in my home the amp, i tried it where i gig and had the same prbolem "but where i gig i had little less".
I tried the carl martin in my home friend and he too had not so much at my home.

there is something tht i could to do, or to buy for this?
fendrix_81
Copper Member

Postby DeFrag » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:04 pm

All you need:

DeFrag
Silver Member
BossArea Multi Platinum Member

Postby sclitheroe » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:13 pm

sclitheroe
Platinum Member