[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
StompBoxZone • View topic - Upgrading the Bedroom Studio

Upgrading the Bedroom Studio

Synths, Recording Gear...

Upgrading the Bedroom Studio

Postby pennyroyaltea94 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:13 pm

Looking to move up ,

I currently got the DUO , that's on the real far right.

What type of Inputs is that on the QUAD CAPTURE ?

Heck I am sure the middle one is already light years above the duo.

Thoughts ? Looking to upgrade and I want to stay BOSS LAND :thumbs:

pennyroyaltea94
Silver Member

Re: Upgrading the Bedroom Studio

Postby Dirk » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:14 pm

The inputs on the quad capture are a combination of jack and XLR, meaning you can insert both types of connectors.
An XLR input will allow you to connect a microphone with a balanced cable or a DI box for acoustics, keyboards, bass, etc.
It's far superior than normal guitar jacks.
Dirk
Double Platinum Member
BossArea Double Platinum Member

Postby pennyroyaltea94 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:34 pm

OKAY Cool

Yeah Current get up is

BEHRINGER V-TONE 21 (SANSAMP CLONE)

taking the signal of my PEDALS and guitar

and that goes into the DUO CAPTURE.

Gameplan is get the QUAD and get the real SANSAMP :thumbs:
pennyroyaltea94
Silver Member

Postby pennyroyaltea94 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:35 am

QUAD and TRI Both have

48V Phantom Power , duo doesn't.

So both of them would Blow the DUO away completely.

So I would be fine with either perhaps
pennyroyaltea94
Silver Member

Postby BearBoy » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:12 am

Have you worked out what you want to connect to it and how many things you want to be able to record simultaneously?

Do you need midi?

I've always found that I've generally ended up needing more ins/outs than I originally envisaged so, if your budget can stretch, it's worth going for something more capable than you think you might need right now.
BearBoy
Gold Member

Postby pennyroyaltea94 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:07 pm

I am just Vocal and Guitar , I only do 1 at a time anyway :)

QUAD and TRI would be major change for me compared to just having that duo

I think The Sansamp Clone is just fine ,

what the other thing I should change is the type of mic I use.

I'm using a AKG Dynamic Live Mic for Vocal Recordings , Apparently Consender is what I want.

It's okay to have a nice slim one like this ? I don't want to get another different style stand.

pennyroyaltea94
Silver Member

Postby BearBoy » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:30 pm

Most mics will come with an adaptor to screw into your stand. Ideally you want one with a shock mount and maybe an integrated pop screen. What’s your budget for the mic?
BearBoy
Gold Member

Postby pennyroyaltea94 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:39 pm

pennyroyaltea94
Silver Member

Postby Pieces Of The Night » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:30 am

you can make your own pop filter with a wire hanger and a pair of pantyhose. You'd be surprised with how many studios and how many hit songs have used their own homemade pop filter.

https://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Pop-Filter
Pieces Of The Night
Gold Member

Postby Dirk » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:14 am

Generally, for both vocals and guitar you would want a dynamic microphone, not a condenser. Those are used for overheads on drums.
I was thought a long time ago that as a general rule you don't put a condenser mic where you wouldn't put your ear! :lol:
Like in front of a guitar speaker.

A Shure beta 58 or SM58 should handle both very well and would be a very good choice if you can afford only one mic.
Dirk
Double Platinum Member
BossArea Double Platinum Member

Next

Return to High Tech