[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
StompBoxZone • View topic - EQ Suggestions

EQ Suggestions

Synths, Recording Gear...

EQ Suggestions

Postby pennyroyaltea94 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:13 pm

Hi guys ,

So I make LOUD Grunge like rock music.

It's done in a LO-FI Mono sense.

The recordings I make before hitting SETTINGS

Sound pretty decent already when I play my tracks on

LAPTOP WITH HEADPHONES
MY USB INTERFACE WITH HEADPHONES.

My Old 5 graphic band stereo from the 80's.

Now when I try listening to it with just my LAPTOP Speakers it sounds like a complete mess.

I promote my music on YOUTUBE , SOUNDCLOUD etc and I could imagine people are never getting a fair taste of what it sounds like with their LAPTOP SPEAKERS or PHONE Speakers.

Here is my SOFTWARE EQ Menu ,

I can use up to 20 Bands of GRAPHIC and PARAMETRIC and as you see down there their is a bunch of presets ?

Anyone here with some helpful tips and info ?

SO FAR ,

When I took

THE FREQ 2.2KHZ Tab

put it all the way down at -60dB

I hear a big difference on my laptop speakers already.
pennyroyaltea94
Silver Member

Re: EQ Suggestions

Postby Dirk » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:19 am

I don't think laptop of phone speakers will ever sound anywhere decent, so I wouldn't even bother trying to make it sound good for those.
Because if let's say, you do make it sound okay, then it will probably end up sounding like crap again on real speakers or headphones.
I would rather keep the recording as flat as possible, that means no big boosts or cuts on any frequency. That way it'll sound good on as many
devices as possible.
EQ'ing IMO is more a tool for solving problems, like cutting frequencies that stick out too much or to make room for other instruments if certain frequencies overlap.
Having crappy speakers is your audiences choice and problem, not yours. :lol:
Dirk
Double Platinum Member
BossArea Double Platinum Member

Postby pennyroyaltea94 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:52 pm

pennyroyaltea94
Silver Member

Postby Franzoni » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:44 am

Check out a fella called Glenn DeLaune on youtube.....he does a lot of work with guitar modellers like the GT series and the Line 6 Helix ...he has a few anti fizz tricks using a parametric EQ that can improve the sound of high gain patches ....i used his trick for the Pod X3 live on my earlier XT pro and it improved the quality of the break up sounds a lot.... :guinness: :guinness:
Franzoni
Gold Member

Postby Dirk » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:14 am

Thanks Franz'. I'll look into that as well if you don't mind. :lol:
I'm trying to set up a similar system with a dirt pedal, a Marshall DRP-1 and a homebrew passive DI, but it's been trial and error so far
making it sound nice through headphones.
Dirk
Double Platinum Member

Postby Franzoni » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:22 am

Franzoni
Gold Member

Postby pennyroyaltea94 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:26 pm

Here you are folks , and this makes all perfect sense to me since my music is just LOUD FUZZY Guitar and Vocals and they are Single Mono tracks.

They claim VOCALS and GUITAR sit in at

1K , 2K ,4K ,8K , 16K.

So it made sense when I touch thoses knobs on my software it makes a big change :thumbs:

http://www.ziyadnazem.com/post/95643145 ... ing-the-eq
pennyroyaltea94
Silver Member

Return to High Tech