[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
StompBoxZone • View topic - Fractal Axe-FX II XL - after X months

Fractal Axe-FX II XL - after X months

Synths, Recording Gear...

Re: Fractal Axe-FX II XL - after X months

Postby Laurie » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:00 pm

Laurie
Multi Platinum Member
BossArea Multi Platinum Member

Postby Laurie » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:14 am

Ok. So 3 years in and the Axefx is gone. For one simple reason... a new model is coming at some point and when it does my Axefx would be worth nothing. Plus with the speakers it was simply too much money sitting tied up.

You either have to be on the tech train/ upgrade cycle or not. And it is too expensive and time consuming.

It is a brilliant piece of tech but i was spending too much time tweaking patches after doing an o/s upgrade... read that again... I ended up not playing but spent "too much time tweaking patches after doing an o/s upgrade". I realized I was missing the point of being a guitar player.

I'm back to a few pedals and my Dr Z.
Laurie
Multi Platinum Member
BossArea Multi Platinum Member

Postby Pepe » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:08 am

That's exactly the reason why I stopped programming my multi effects units and starting to collect single pedals that do a great job.
Pepe
Multi Platinum Member
BossArea Double Platinum Member

Postby Dirk » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:31 am

I understand Laurie, a bassist friend of mine just bought the Line6 Helix, but he's a professional musician.
So he's probably gonna be fine for the next couple of years, right now he's
having fun with recreating classic recorded bass sounds.

Plus I just learned that Metallica guitar players Kirk Hammett and James Hetfield just switched from Mesa/Boogie to the Fractal, modeling just that: Mesa/Boogie. :lol:
But they're a professional band with loads of cash on their hands, so it probably won't matter to them. They just upgrade.
Dirk
Double Platinum Member

Postby skugga » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:24 pm

skugga
Gold Member
Site Admin

Postby Dirk » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:38 am

Just in case anybody's interested:
Dirk
Double Platinum Member

Postby Pieces Of The Night » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:20 am

Jimmy Eat World,Silversun Pickups,Noodles(Offspring) also use Fractals. You can see their Rig rundowns here:

https://www.premierguitar.com/taxonomies/special/1561
Pieces Of The Night
Gold Member

Postby DarrinPA » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:55 am

DarrinPA
Silver Member

Previous

Return to High Tech