[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
StompBoxZone • View topic - Synth Talk

Synth Talk

Synths, Recording Gear...

Synth Talk

Postby Pepe » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:39 am

Oh, tell me about your synths! :geek:
Pepe
Multi Platinum Member
BossArea Double Platinum Member

Re: Lets see your Pedal boards

Postby Fallen_lassen » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:24 pm

Well i can talk for days About my synths :)
Currently i own:

Minimoog voyager oldschool plus vx 351
Moog minitaur
Moogerfoogers 101 102 103 104z. Cp251
Korg monotribe and kaossilator
Plus cheapo yamaha pss 570. Pss 470. Pss 480. Pss 140. Mk100

IVe got a tumblr with my photos. Mostly. Musical instruments plus my garden and space age house
Moogieinstructor@tumblr

And in the past

Roland juno 6
Korg minikorg 700s
Doepfer dark energy
Yamaha dx7
Gameboy with lsdj

And on my wishlist.

Roland tr-8 aira
Teenage engineering op-1
Korg oddysey :) :lama:

So theres fellow synthfreaks on this forum as Well. Very Nice.

What synths do you play?
Fallen_lassen
Silver Member

Postby Pepe » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:09 pm

Moog Voyager OS! Sweet! I'd love to get my hands on one of these one day.

Unfortunately I cannot afford most of those great synths, so in most cases I have to snap cheap used models. But I cannot complain, since I grabbed some nice KORG units in the last years.

And last year I bought a new KORG MS-20 mini, because I already wanted an MS-20 ten years earlier and the original models went through the roof price-wise. I was happy when KORG announced the new model and I'm very pleased with it. I hope that the ARP Odyssey copy will be in the same price range. Then it's a no-brainer and I would buy it as well. The MS-20 mini was the first synthesizer (with keyboard) that I ever bought new. So far I'm very proud to have these synths and other instruments with keyboard:

BOSS SYB-3 - This is simply a great unit and I love it! Causes lots of confusion when I activate it at live gigs. That's always worth it! :mrgreen:
KORG 800DV - Yes, it's like two 700S in one chassis! I will never sell it! It's my all-time favourite synth.
KORG BX-3 - The best Hammond B3 clone I have ever heard. Killer sound in combination with my BOSS RE-20!
KORG Trident - A wonderful, majestic sound with lovely strings, a brass section and a Polysix-like synth section. And it has one of the best sounding flangers on board.
KORG Poly-61 - Dirty analog sound with C64-charme, but it has also some nice pads and brutal leads inside. Limited, but I cannot part with it.
KORG DW-8000 - Some nice digital waveforms (without aliasing!) and voltage controlled analog filter and amplifier are a great mix!
KORG DS-8 - FM synthesizer with simple control, pretty much like a substractive synth. It is perfect for my FM needs and has some very nice features and huge versatility.
KORG M1 EX - Classic "Rompler". In the expanded version it is much more versatile than the normal units. I like it, because it has a livelier and warmer sound than some of the follow-up models. I use it a lot on stage.
KORG SP-200 - Stage Piano with some very convincing sounds. It is the most expensive unit I have bought new. I like the sound and the feel of the keyboard.
KORG monotron series - The return of Japanese analog synthesizers! I have all three and they get often used by my two young sons. Lots of fun in the palm of your hand if you're travelling.
KORG MS-20 mini - I'm so glad that the huge success of the monotrons and the monotribe led KORG to reissue one of their most popular mono synths. It sounds sick, but I love it.

Apart from these I had a KORG Lambda, KORG MS-10, KORG Poly-800, KORG DW-6000, KORG M1, KORG monotribe, Roland Jupiter-4 (which I miss very much!) and a Yamaha DX-27. A few demos can be heard at my .
Pepe
Multi Platinum Member

Postby Fallen_lassen » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:32 pm

Wow that is a Nice collection and you made me curious About the trident. I also had the poly61. Lovely sound but those buttons never did it for me but the sound and the joystick were Great, i also had a roland mc 202 and of course ive got the monotron The oldschool was my first new synth and it was the most expensive thing ive ever bought.
Low on money by choice i work 12 Hours a week cleaning our local trainstation :lol: i like to spend my time with my girlfriend and my dog and cat. And my studio. Luckily if you got time you find a lot of things for Free Or cheap. So my collection is ever growing without spending a lot of money, just swapping machines .

I regret selling my korg 700s. What a Great sound
And syb-3 is in the collection. :bouncy:
Fallen_lassen
Silver Member

Re: Synth Talk

Postby natthu » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:23 am

Why do none of you synth guys seem to ever have a SYB-5?... Crazy! :o :shock:
natthu
Double Platinum Member
BossArea Multi Platinum Member

Postby Pepe » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:11 am

Thanks for splitting it up! :)

Well, in my case the story with the SYB-3 is different from that of the SYB-5! Before I spotted the SYB-3 in 2000, I was no BOSS fanboy yet. I tried a few pedals like the DS-1 and SD-1 and I have not been impressed by these. I still don't like these two models. However, this SYB-3 caught my attention and BOSS effects suddenly became interesting for me. At first I acquired two used bass pedals, a GE-7B and an ODB-3. Then I spotted an ad with a quite cheap SYB-3 and bought it. I immediately loved this silver box! But I didn't play it too often, so I sold it a few years later. But only a few weeks after that I regretted the sale, although it was profitable. And a few months later I bought another SYB-3 for very cheap, but soon the story was the same: sold it - missed it. Then I purchased a third exemplar and it's almost in mint condition. And this time it's a keeper. The SYB-5 looks interesting, especially with the expression pedal input and the LFO goodies. But I don't need the SYB-5 urgently. The SYB-3 is simply good and someday an SYB-5 will fall into my hands for a good price.
Pepe
Multi Platinum Member

Postby Fallen_lassen » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:05 am

Oopps sorry mod :oops:

Yes syb-5 is on the wishlist. With so Many others :geek:
Fallen_lassen
Silver Member

Postby skugga » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:03 am

Not the longest list but space is a premium in my current place

Present:
Kawai K5000s - Spends most of it's time as a master keyboard these days but it's still got a very unique sound
Moog Minitaur - Newest addition
Moogerfoogers - 104M, 108M
Korg Monotron - The original one, it's been getting a bit of a workout lately on recordings
Yamaha RY-30 - A decent synth for it's time pretending to be a drum machine

Past:
Ensoniq ESQ-1 - Saw one the other day for a decent price locally but don't have the space for now
Nord Lead 2 - More an extended loan than mine, not sure if i'd get one though. Awesome for it's time but not sure I'd go for one now.

Future:
Moog Sub37 - Serious GAS here
Korg Z1 - Just always wanted one
Buchla 200e system - I can dream right?
Aturia Microbrute - This is more realistic
skugga
Gold Member
Site Admin

Postby Fallen_lassen » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:02 am

Moog minitaur with midi bass pedals isgreat. I found Some elka bass pedals for cheap 25€ they give you the taurus experience. If you can find m get. them !

Buchla Hmmm id. Like the easel :)
And yes the microbrute is also tempting

Synth collecting is as addictive as pedal collecting :twisted:
Fallen_lassen
Silver Member

Postby Dirk » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:31 am

Dirk
Double Platinum Member

Next

Return to High Tech