[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
StompBoxZone • View topic - Show your amps

Show your amps

Re: Show your amps

Postby visserman » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:13 am

visserman
Gold Member
BossArea Platinum Member

Postby Franzoni » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:04 am

The rehearsal studio we use has a decent collection of valve amps including red knob Fender Twins,Vox AC-30's and a Peavey classic 50 2X12 combo... it's a toss up between the Twin and the Peavey as to my favourite both are great amps for guitar.. ...AC-30's can be a bit hit and miss and the one there is defo a miss..... :).... :guinness: :guinness:
Franzoni
Gold Member
BossArea Double Platinum Member

Postby Dirk » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:10 pm

I sometimes play at a rehearsal space that has an old Peavey mk4 bass head, on top of a Fender 4x12 trapezoid cabinet.
And while I generally like vintage gear, this stuff is just food for the dumpster, some people got to know when enough is enough.
That amp is horrible, not a decent tone to be found somewhere. The term boxy springs to mind. Normally I love midrange, but
this one has a really annoying frequency that can't be dialed out no matter which knob you turn.
The Fender cabinet has also seen better days, even when I tried it with my own head ( a Gallien Krueger 700RB), the low end just
farted out, and I didn't even boost it on the amp.

So I may be a little biased..... :lol:
Dirk
Double Platinum Member

Postby Franzoni » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:09 pm

Yeah the place we use is the exception rather than the rule when it comes to gear..... i've been in many of the places you describe over the years wedged with barely working Laney Linebackers or Carlsbro solid state combos and very dodgy PA's ...... :lol: .....it's a recording facility as well as a rehearsal place in some converted farm buildings on an old estate.....the bass amp is a Trace Elliot 4x10 combo and the desk is a Dynacord powermate 600 or in the other rooms they have Dynacord/Yamaha stuff .....the recording studio has some really cool old keyboards and hammonds with real leslie cabs..... :shock: ...we really fell on on our feet when we found this place and the lad that runs it is as sound as a pound... :thumbs: .... :guinness: :guinness:
Franzoni
Gold Member

Postby Loksa » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:37 am

OK I'll show you. I've got a '66 Fender Bassman head. It was made in April 1966, and it had AB165 schematic. Last year I swapped electrolytic capacitors, removed "death capacitor" and added three prong cable and did some blackfacing. Custom made cabinet carries 2x10 Jensen P10Q, I've also added Fender piggyback thumbs to hold a head.
Attachments
Bassman66.jpg
1966 Blackface Bassman head
Bassman66.jpg (206.64 KiB) Viewed 2707 times
Loksa
Copper Member

Postby Dirk » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:22 am

That's a very nice looking amp. :thumbs:
Dirk
Double Platinum Member

Postby The_Doc » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:35 am

Got my little Fender 'stack' out for a play ;)
Attachments
image1.JPG
Fender Silverface amps
image1.JPG (100.24 KiB) Viewed 2676 times
The_Doc
Gold Member
BossArea Gold Member

Previous

Return to Amps