[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
StompBoxZone • View topic - Amps and what most of you use................

Amps and what most of you use................

Re: Amps and what most of you use................

Postby Dirk » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:20 am

Dirk
Double Platinum Member
BossArea Double Platinum Member

Postby Laurie » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:25 am

When I first read that, I thought you said "you need to play the fiddle more" and I was going to ask why? Because fiddles work the speaker harder? Then I thought maybe he misread the words around "cannibis". Then I read the post and realised I had no idea what I was talking about 8-)
Laurie
Multi Platinum Member
BossArea Multi Platinum Member

Postby Franzoni » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:06 pm

Franzoni
Gold Member

Postby Dirk » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:17 am

Playing on moderate volumes at first will do that too.
Dirk
Double Platinum Member

Postby Alonious_Monk » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:59 pm

Alonious_Monk
Bronze Member

Postby zentropa » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:58 am

digging up a corpse here...

in the absence of A/B ing amps I tend to be of the philosophy that it's harder to get a killer dirty than a killer clean and if i had to choose, i'd rather have a kickazz crunch than a super clean.

In the olden days i would A/B a twin reverb and marshall silver jubilee.

right now my main amp is a marshall jcm900 4102 combo (and will probably remain as my main amp for quite a while). seems the market shifted while i was away from guitar and the amps i "like better" are now more money than i could ever justify spending being a non-gigging musician.
zentropa
Gold Member

Postby Laurie » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:50 am

My goto amp is a Dr Z Maz 18.
Honourable mentions: 1966 Fender Super Reverb, 1977 silverface twin, Marshall JCM600, Mesa Dual Rectifier.
Laurie
Multi Platinum Member
BossArea Multi Platinum Member

Postby Zerksies » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:12 pm

My usual player is my 78 Fender Champ.
Zerksies
Platinum Member

Postby zentropa » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:41 pm

it makes me sad when i think about how many amps i've sold that i wished i had right now.

the only one that really stings was my first year jubilee combo though... because that was the only one i sold that was purely financially motivated (had to pay bills) rather than just shuffling gear around.
zentropa
Gold Member

Postby MervsMods » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:24 pm

MervsMods
Bronze Member

PreviousNext

Return to Amps