[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
StompBoxZone • View topic - 10" speaker opinions

10" speaker opinions

Re: 10" speaker opinions

Postby Mully » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:59 am

Mully
Platinum Member
BossArea Double Platinum Member

Postby Laurie » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:27 pm

Laurie
Multi Platinum Member
BossArea Multi Platinum Member

Postby Mully » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:48 am

yeah the only downside is that they're 4 Ohm. I prefer my cabs to be 8Ohm if possible.
My amp can handle anything between 4 and 16Ohm - and I'm a middle of the road kinda guy ;)
Mully
Platinum Member

Postby Mully » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:04 am

okay first I tried the WGS G10C/S because it was said to be smooth & pedal friendly and that was what I wanted. they sounded way to mid heavy for my taste though and the attack was sounding strange.

I wanted to go the Eminence GA10SC64 route but those were sold out and so I ordered an Eminence Legend 1028K (which is the same price over here), to give Alnico speakers one more chance and to compare to the WGS G10C/S and it sounded WAY better to my ears. They might look like the original speakers installed in that cab, but they do sound different. Much smoother and no harshness at all.

So I ordered three more of those and installed them today. My 4x10 is up and running again and now dirt pedals sound way better.

Really like this speaker.
Mully
Platinum Member

Postby Mully » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:05 am

still loving those speakers. I have however purchased a Palmer speaker merger and am playing the 4x10 alongside the Emery Sound 1x10 with a Fender Blue Alnico (which is similar to the Eminence 1028P painted in blue) installed into it.
Mully
Platinum Member

Previous

Return to Amps