[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
StompBoxZone • View topic - What's your Number 1 Amp?

What's your Number 1 Amp?

Re: What's your Number 1 Amp?

Postby DB Cooper » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:06 pm

DB Cooper
Platinum Member

Postby Grenade » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:07 pm

This doesn't show the other head used for a clean channel but you get the idea.Image
Grenade
Copper Member

Postby visserman » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:12 am

visserman
Gold Member
BossArea Platinum Member

Postby Grenade » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:10 pm

This is my gig rig, it's dimed and the Power Soak let's me control the volume. My other bassman is set for a clean channel. The Peavey is a keyboard amp I got cheap and I use it for an onstage monitor for my acoustic and resonators so they don't feedback through the vocal monitors. Not seen is my Peavey Studio 112 that the drummer has for a monitor, and that is what I use at home.
Grenade
Copper Member

Postby visserman » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:12 am

Grenade, could you post a link to where we can hear you how you use the amp?

I will make a video just with that idea in mind, very different, clean sound with using various speakers and talk about the Bassman and it's sound when using the amp in orginal set-up.

Mine was modded, with the end-result: Less dynamics and fairly loud. It was impossible to overdrive the amp by itself, which was my original request.

About 1,5 year ago amp broke down, and have it now set-up according to orginal specs and valves. The amp came back sounding so much better and more usuable. If you want dist. you need to use a pedal, but why would I want that from this amp?
Okay enough, as you are using the amp in different way. You may also have a 70 or 50 version instead of 135----they only give out 105 watts instead of the rated 135, don't be fooled eh?
visserman
Gold Member
BossArea Platinum Member

Postby Grenade » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:28 am

I'll work on some clips for sure. Both of mine are Bassman 70's from 1979. Amp 1 is stock except it has 4 12AX7's in it, Amp 2 was recapped and retubed with Groove tubes, they are totally different. No.1 dimed breaks up nicely but without the Power Soak is too loud for most gigs, No.2 dimed is clean and loud. They have a measured output of 52 watts. I play blues, classic rock, some modern rock and some country. Amp 1 screams with my lap steel running into it for slide work. :D
Grenade
Copper Member

Postby Laurie » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:38 pm

Mine is reinforced as my Dr Z Maz 18. Just sold all my amps apart from the Dr Z and my reconditioned JC-120.
Laurie
Multi Platinum Member
BossArea Multi Platinum Member

Postby visserman » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:20 am

visserman
Gold Member
BossArea Platinum Member

Postby deancrean » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:48 am

A Laney LC15R single channel tube amp that I run through a 2-12 Celestion Cab! More then enough power to keep up with my band. I prefer lower wattage amps, because you can actually crank them up to their sweet spot without making everybodies ear bleed.
deancrean
Bronze Member

Postby DarrinPA » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:40 pm

DarrinPA
Silver Member

PreviousNext

Return to Amps