[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
StompBoxZone • View topic - Gibson Vs Gretsch: Need help deciding on a deal

Gibson Vs Gretsch: Need help deciding on a deal

Gibson Vs Gretsch: Need help deciding on a deal

Postby Blood Lion » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:46 am

So I have been offered:

Gibson Les Paul Studio 2005 - Made In USA - Hardcase

for my

Gretsch G5120 Electromatic - Made In Korea - Softcase

Who is getting the better of this deal.
Blood Lion
Copper Member

Re: Gibson Vs Gretsch: Need help deciding on a deal

Postby natthu » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:00 pm

Assuming similar condition of the two instruments, I think the Gibson is worth a bit more money (it's probably a bit easier to re-sell too). So you won't be losing out financially.

It just depends on which guitar you like better. If you have an attachment to the Gretsch and like it, don't just trade it because you appear to have a good deal ;)
natthu
Double Platinum Member
BossArea Multi Platinum Member

Postby Blood Lion » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:03 pm

That definitely helps, it's been really hard to sell the Gretsch so far have listed it multiple times. I've never really been a Gibson fan so dont know much about them. So this would essentially be a deal to upgrade.
Blood Lion
Copper Member

Postby Laurie » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:27 pm

I'd agree with the thought you may be getting the better end of the deal (assuming the Gibson is in OK shape and hasn't been messed with).

However....

I know I'm in the minority, but I've never been able to bond with the Gibson necks. If you end up also not liking the neck then does the deal still work? Just an item for consideration.
Laurie
Multi Platinum Member

Postby natthu » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:43 pm

natthu
Double Platinum Member

Postby Pepe » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:21 am

Pepe
Multi Platinum Member
BossArea Double Platinum Member

Postby Blood Lion » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:34 am

Blood Lion
Copper Member

Postby Blood Lion » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:55 pm

So I went through with the trade, definitely feel I made the right decision. The guitar has amazing action and it's first time I've ever played a guitar where it made the amp sound better which is shocking. Doing a trade is a fun exprience if you ever get the chance would recommend me and the person I trade with jammed for an hour trying out each others guitar was great.
Blood Lion
Copper Member

Postby Pepe » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:33 am

Pepe
Multi Platinum Member
BossArea Double Platinum Member

Return to Guitars/Basses