[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
StompBoxZone • View topic - Anyone here who uses build-in booster in their guitar?

Anyone here who uses build-in booster in their guitar?

Anyone here who uses build-in booster in their guitar?

Postby visserman » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:32 am

A simple build-in booster to kick your amp into over-drive, way to go?

More a question to get you thinking about build-in effects in the guitar.

Why do we not see many guitars with stock build-in effects? Would you like it?
visserman
Gold Member
BossArea Platinum Member

Re: Anyone here who uses build-in booster in their guitar?

Postby Guga Ramone » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:38 am

I guess that building effects into the guitar is not really versatile because your hands are normally busy playing, and switiching them using your feet is easier. Also, if the built in effects are not interchangeable (like modules), you will never get to use that effect with another guitar. Danelectro produced a guitar called Innuendo, with some built in effects, but I don't know about the built quality, neither of the guitar or the effects.

I'm thinking in installing a "blower" switch on my guitars. Set the volume control to rhythm playing and flick the blower switch so it bypasses the volume control, allowing full volume and a little more treble to go through. More info and
Not actually a "booster", more of a mod, tho...
Guga Ramone
Silver Member

Postby charmonder » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:08 pm

I love the idea. Only trouble is I can barely commit to any particular effect :lol: I think I would like to have decent fuzz face on the top part of a jaguar.

I want to mention though on the topic, one of the coolest thing I have ever seen is Sergio Dias playing guitar in Os Mutantes:
You see it has a whole pedalboard worth of effects built into it, from what I could hear there is at least fuzz(es), tremolo, delay/echo and an external loop for wah pedal. This was technically a reunion performance, I always thought the classic songs were studio trickery but he can do it 100% perfectly live, the guitar allows him to do all the knob tweaking so effortlessly without missing a beat.
charmonder
Gold Member

Postby sclitheroe » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:21 pm

sclitheroe
Platinum Member

Postby DarrinPA » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:27 pm

DarrinPA
Silver Member

Postby Pieces Of The Night » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:07 pm

I've always wanted an EMG SPC but I don't have EMG's. EMG says it can work with passive pickups but I've also seen reviews where it doesn't work too well with them so I've never tried it. I can't find vids where people are using it with passive pickups either.
Pieces Of The Night
Gold Member

Postby Pieces Of The Night » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:09 pm

Pieces Of The Night
Gold Member

Postby sclitheroe » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:59 pm

Has anyone ever tried one of these:
sclitheroe
Platinum Member

Postby Guga Ramone » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:01 am

I've heard that it is a pair of back-to-back diodes in various configurations. Don't know if it's worth the money since you can simply make one yourself.
I'm curious to try one, tho.
Guga Ramone
Silver Member

Postby bigtone » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:49 am

I have the EMG SPC in a couple guitars-both have EMG pickups, too. It works great, especially on single coils to get more gain and a quasi humbucking tone. The mid boost of the Fender Eric Clapton strat electronics is similar w waaaay more boost. It is designed to be used w passive pickups.
bigtone
Bronze Member

Next

Return to Guitars/Basses