[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
StompBoxZone • View topic - What kind of Strings Do You Like For Your Bass

What kind of Strings Do You Like For Your Bass

Re: What kind of Strings Do You Like For Your Bass

Postby visserman » Thu May 24, 2012 11:42 am

Try them first on the Jazz, they can give you that Soul sound, the chess period. If you like reggea and dark sound you will like Rotos on the Jazz, just back off the neck pick-up a bit, or the bridge (depending on taste and song you are playing).
I hardly used the Jazz with both pick-ups open, the Jazz can give so many sounds, but all open it becomes a mere Precision.
visserman
Gold Member
BossArea Platinum Member

Postby Kulten » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:30 am

I'm a d'Addario Chromes fan for my 5 strings bass. 45-65-80-100-132. Mine are on my bass since 2009 and still sound good. D'add. Chromes become darker after 3 weeks, and then the sound didn't change.
Kulten
Copper Member

Postby natthu » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:01 am

natthu
Double Platinum Member
BossArea Multi Platinum Member

Postby Gasgano » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:10 pm

On the Ibanez SR505 I play, I use plain D'Adddario XL Nickel Wounds:

It is the stock size, but not the stock brand.

On the Musicman Stingray 5 I had and *spoiler alert* the Musicman Sterling 5 on its way to me, I use Ernie Ball Regular Slinky Bass 5.

It is the stock strings.
Gasgano
Silver Member

Postby Boogieman » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:32 am

I use Thomastik-Inkfeld flatwounds on my Rickenbacker bass.

Been experimenting with different string types on my fretless Jazz. The sting gauges remain in the ".050-.105" ballpark. My next set will be the LaBella Deep Talking Bass black nylon tapewound. I started with roundwounds on that bass and they chewed up the fingerboard real nice over time.
Boogieman
Silver Member

Postby bigtone » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:46 pm

I'm not horribly picky, just general preferences.
For my fives--stainless 45-125 or 130, high beams, Progressives, Rockmasters...
Active basses tend to also get stainless 50-105
Passive basses are a crap shoot, sometimes nickel wound, some get flats. I have a P with 50-105 Chromes and an 80s Peavey Foundation with 45-105 Cobalt Flats.
bigtone
Bronze Member

Previous

Return to Guitars/Basses