[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
StompBoxZone • View topic - Boss DD-2 / DD-3 repair notes - questions and discussion

Boss DD-2 / DD-3 repair notes - questions and discussion

Re: Boss DD-2 / DD-3 repair notes - questions and discussion

Postby keneticferret49 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:40 pm

keneticferret49
New User

Postby keneticferret49 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:26 pm

Think I might try replacing all the capacitors, since it seems like people have had luck with that.

Fingers crossed!
keneticferret49
New User

Postby Pepe » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:09 am

10µF electrolytic capacitors have been the culprits in some of my '80s pedals.
Pepe
Multi Platinum Member
BossArea Double Platinum Member

Postby Laurie » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:39 am

It doesn't sound like caps to me. I haven't been able to spend any time thinking about it this weekend... but it sounds like a switching logic problem.

That being said, changing the caps is essential anyway.

Have you checked ALL the wires joining the boards. I've had faults like this in the past that were the result of wires hanging on by a strand or two. Had to cut and re-terminate all the wires to fix the problem.

Can you post some pics of the board and inside of the pedal?
Laurie
Multi Platinum Member
BossArea Multi Platinum Member

Postby keneticferret49 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:14 am

I'll post pictures later today.

Looking at the schematic wouldn't a break in where the M switch trace makes it to the microcontroller cause M L and Hold all to fail? Might be a real simple fix.

I thought I checked continuity for all the switch wires making it to the board, but will check again.
keneticferret49
New User

Postby keneticferret49 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:26 pm

The images were massive when I embedded them.

Tested the M switch wire to the board, sturdy feel and the multimeter says signal is passing.
keneticferret49
New User

Postby Laurie » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:55 pm

Check that 9VDC is coming across connection "7". One of the mode switch common terminals should have 9VDC on it.
Laurie
Multi Platinum Member
BossArea Multi Platinum Member

Postby keneticferret49 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:02 pm

Reading 9.4 v at pad 7.
keneticferret49
New User

Postby KheferKaos » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:55 pm

Hi all! I have a Boss DD-3A (version 2 with the square chip at the rear of the main board) with this problem: Only the L.800ms mode works in all positions! If I select the M200ms and S50ms the pedal works if I put the switch in L800ms mode, is the same if I selected the HOLD mode, if I press the footswitch in hold mode, the pedal works likes if L800ms was selected.
Visually all looks in well condition but I don’t know if the rotary selector switch have troubles. How I can check if this rotary switch works properly?

Thanks in advance!!!
KheferKaos
Copper Member

Postby KheferKaos » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:45 pm

Hi again. I replace the rotary switch with another one of a DD-3 who is working fine, and still with the problem. Also, I replace IC3 and IC4 (4066 analog switch and IC4 74H00 NAND gate), with no changes. Then I change the 1uf and 10uF caps, still the same,...
Anybody have idea of what’s wrong with this pedal?
KheferKaos
Copper Member

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Questions/Discussions