[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
StompBoxZone • View topic - New Non-Boss Pedals!

New Non-Boss Pedals!

All other brands

Re: New Non-Boss Pedals!

Postby Pepe » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:00 am

Nice haul! The flanger's resonance even doesn't sound nice in combination with distortion?
Pepe
Multi Platinum Member
BossArea Double Platinum Member

Postby Dirk » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:30 am

Nice score, Natthu. On a shopping spree? :lol:
Dirk
Double Platinum Member

Postby Blood Lion » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:12 pm

EDIT: Post removed due to breach of forum rules

-Admin
Blood Lion
Copper Member

Postby natthu » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:19 am

natthu
Double Platinum Member
BossArea Multi Platinum Member

Postby Pepe » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:10 pm

One of my best acquisitions this year! I bought this KORG OVD-1 for 50 EUR last week (prices are regularly above 100 EUR) and it came in today:

A reviewer wrote that it sounds not much better than a BOSS SD-1 with less gain, but for me - it may be because of the combination with my Marshall tube amp - it is a pure sweet spot. THIS is how I want an overdrive to sound like. It is even possible to sound absolutely clean with gain at minimum. I am really excited, because it has that violin like singing sound that all the Eric Johnson fans crave for - in my case it's the 2000s Jeff Beck sound that I absolutely love like in this video of his version of "Nessun Dorma": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdUdtpjv0ZI (you HAVE to watch 1:15 min onward for an unintended stunt! :lol: ).
The OVD-1 does also sound amazing with my Spanish classical guitar with Shadow Nanoflex pickup. What a great pedal! :banana:

Gut shot:

Pepe
Multi Platinum Member

Postby Dirk » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:43 am

That was really funny. :lol:
Dirk
Double Platinum Member

Postby Pepe » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:37 am

This pedal is so sweet! I have played it every day since I received it. If I had a permanent pedalboard, the OVD-1 would immediately replace a pedal on it. :D
Pepe
Multi Platinum Member

Postby Franzoni » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:16 pm

Reminds me of those old Yamaha pedals from the 80's that could be used as stand alone pedals or mounted into a special pedalboard with other effects.....always looked like solid units and when you saw people like Andy Summers using them you knew they couldn't be bad.......

The Korg stuff seems to get overlooked for guitar for some reason..... the Toneworks stuff they brought out in the 90's got some great reviews ..... :guinness: :guinness:
Franzoni
Gold Member

Postby Pepe » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:04 pm

This is a custom pedal that I ordered from Copilot FX in the Dominican Republic - the Broadcast:

It doesn't generate sound on its own. It has two separate expression pedal outputs to control pedals and other units that need a variable resistor to change values (i.e.: EXP inputs of BOSS DD-7, FT-2, SYB-5). Plus it has CV out (5V), CV/EXP input, an LFO with six different waveforms and tap tempo for the LFO speed - that can also be changed with another expression pedal.

I ordered it mainly to control the two filters of my vintage KORG 800DV duophonic synthesizer (see picture). It works like a charm and it expands the sound of my beloved synth. A very cool unit! :D
Pepe
Multi Platinum Member

Postby Dirk » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:05 am

I would love to see a video of that, I have no idea what these sort of things are capable of.
Dirk
Double Platinum Member

PreviousNext

Return to Other Pedals