[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
StompBoxZone • View topic - 100% handwired pedal board

100% handwired pedal board

All other brands

100% handwired pedal board

Postby Mully » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:55 am

I finally managed to create a "pedalboard" from handwired (no PCB involved just turretboard, terminalstrip, eyeletboard) pedals only. I know this shouldn't matter, but to me it somehow does... I do like the look and this restriction certainly helps with deciding which pedal to get since there aren't as many around.

IMG_2141.jpg
IMG_2141.jpg (242.54 KiB) Viewed 2411 times

from left to right:

Push+Pull Pedals "San B Overdrive II Special"
a superb overdrive pedal with an independent boost side that can also cut the volume. both sides have their own lowcut switch (both are preclipping) which helps in tailoring the sound. While I wasn't a fan of LED clipping so far in this pedal it works marvellous. This is certainly my favourite pedal of all time. love it to bits. It's comparable to a Timmy/Tim but is slighty more rock & roll.

Ibanez "TS808HW"
This has been longer in my arsenal than any other pedal. I like it.

Menatone "J.A.C. Jfet Audio Compression"
this replaced the Barber Tone Press in my rig. It sounds a little bigger then the Barber (less mids more bass & treble) but apart from that they're not THAT different (the concept isn't the same at all but the action is comparable)
Mully
Platinum Member
BossArea Double Platinum Member

Re: 100% handwired pedal board

Postby Mully » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:09 am

these San B Pedals look so lovely:

Mully
Platinum Member

Postby bossarea » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:26 pm

Very nice.
Love the clean look.
bossarea
Silver Member
BossArea Founder

Postby fuzzbuzzfuzz » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:35 pm

Time for a wah Mully? the VOX 846HW is rather pretty inside.

I have the excellent (and I believe discontinued) Menatone Chawbox Octave fuzz, also handwired, very very nice. That said i have an awful lot of fuzzes so if you find yourself hankering for a hand wired fuzz, Pm away :D
fuzzbuzzfuzz
Platinum Member

Postby Mully » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:52 am

How is the Chawbox.... how is it with the octave rolled down?

The Problem with Fuzzes that have no tone knob is that they are usually to bright for my setup and sound. Hence Big Muffs are about the only fuzzes that work here.

I was looking at a mint Chawbox but I haven't pulled the trigger yet since I don't know if it's too bright or not.
Mully
Platinum Member

Postby fuzzbuzzfuzz » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:34 pm

From what I recall it wasn't that bright, but neither was it bass heavy. I'd have to dig it out and take it to a rehearsal for a full overview. I enjoyed the ability to mix in as much octave as I liked, and was surprised at the clean up ala a Fuzz Face that it afforded. I had heard it was a Foxx Tone Machine type fuzz but to my ears it is not quite as "flat" or "obvious" as one of those whilst being in roughly the same ball park. Perhaps more versatile.

I'll let you know :)
fuzzbuzzfuzz
Platinum Member

Postby Mully » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:59 pm

cool thanks
Mully
Platinum Member

Postby fuzzbuzzfuzz » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:36 pm

Here’s my Chawbox.

I’ve actually listed it up on Reverb.com for sale and would entertain offers on it, as I’m trying to raise cash for a Roland drum kit. That said I’ve just completed a new pedalboard with separate octave and fuzz, which has yet to be tested live, I may find being able to dial in an octave on the Chawbox is better. It may also cut through better than the Muff I’ve placed on.

It’s actually quite bass-y, but in keeping with the Foxx type design it has a fair bit of cut though not necessarily low mids. Slightly scooped perhaps. Not quite as piecing or “flat” as the Tone Machine, bit fuller. Very nice cleanup :)
Attachments
ADEC142C-B7E0-4DEA-BEE7-65EED8B052FD.jpeg
ADEC142C-B7E0-4DEA-BEE7-65EED8B052FD.jpeg (179.19 KiB) Viewed 2256 times
21A2674C-B168-4F84-8D99-EFBDB2E89D1A.jpeg
21A2674C-B168-4F84-8D99-EFBDB2E89D1A.jpeg (216.89 KiB) Viewed 2256 times
fuzzbuzzfuzz
Platinum Member

Postby visserman » Wed May 02, 2018 7:20 am

visserman
Gold Member
BossArea Platinum Member