[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
StompBoxZone • View topic - Deuce Tone Rat

Deuce Tone Rat

All other brands

Deuce Tone Rat

Postby visserman » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:53 am

Does anyone of you here use one?, or have you ever tried one in the past?. Just tell us what you think about them.
Cheers!
visserman
Gold Member
BossArea Platinum Member

Re: Deuce Tone Rat

Postby charmonder » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:14 pm

I have been highly interested in this product. To think for all live gigging purposes you could probably have your dirt section handled by this pedal that is just 2 RATs. Sadly it seems the stock version does NOT contain the infamous lm308 chips and it is quite a pricey pedal to have to modify so I never decided to bite.
charmonder
Gold Member

Postby fuzzbuzzfuzz » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:17 am

I too was very curious, very rugged and I believe you can order switch. Are they both identical - I can't recall.
Anyway. yes, two RATS with LM308Ns would probably do it for me (not that the change is massively distinguishable at higher gain levels).
fuzzbuzzfuzz
Platinum Member

Postby visserman » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:29 am

visserman
Gold Member
BossArea Platinum Member

Postby visserman » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:32 am

visserman
Gold Member
BossArea Platinum Member

Postby Orange Boy » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:08 pm

Hi, I’m new to the forum. I have a Deucetone Rat and a VFE Alpha Dog, which is a Rat LM308 clone that is highly tweakable with equivalent of Turbo Rat and a somewhat equivalent Dirty Rat selection.

The Alpha Dog is a cool pedal with plenty of tone options but is a loose sounding distortion. It does sound close to a regular LM308 equipped Rat from what I can tell but The Deucetone is, in comparison, much tighter sounding. My preference is definitely the Deucetone because it is very professional and rich sounding. It’s an amazingly cool sounding pedal that is extremely versatile from boost to OD, fuzz to distortion. I’m not sure how much other circuit components determine the overall tone of each pedal but I’m definitely a fan of the OP07 op-amp fitted to the Deucetone, at least in comparison to the Alpha Dog.

To get the same flexibility from individual Rat pedals you’d need at least have a Turbo Rat, a Dirty rat, a regular Rat and a Clean Rat (which aren’t available as an individual pedal as far as I know) and swap them around to achieve the combinations available with the Deucetone. The switching is awesome and is great for doing on the fly changes.

One downside with the Deucetone's input and output are opposite to what is standard with effects pedals. I overcome this by having the rear of the pedal face me while I use it, which has the advantage of the selection switches facing me, so is easier to select different combinations.
Orange Boy
New User

Postby Pepe » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:29 pm

Welcome to the forum and great first post! :thumbs: I always wondered if I should go for a DeuceTone RAT someday (currently I have a Turbo RAT with the LM308).
Pepe
Multi Platinum Member
BossArea Double Platinum Member

Postby Orange Boy » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:41 pm

I certainly recommend them. The Deucetone is at the top of my list of favourite distortion pedals. It gives a 'professional' edge that makes it unique, and I don't seem to be able to get from the majority of my other distortion pedals.
Orange Boy
New User

Postby visserman » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:49 am

visserman
Gold Member
BossArea Platinum Member

Postby fuzzbuzzfuzz » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:58 am

Interesting. Certainly seems a nice solid pro solution to the RAT(s) issue! :D
fuzzbuzzfuzz
Platinum Member