[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
StompBoxZone • View topic - DD3 Version 1 - Help finding transistor

DD3 Version 1 - Help finding transistor

DD3 Version 1 - Help finding transistor

Postby Ulbrich » Sat May 26, 2018 8:34 pm

Hello Folks!

My name is Henry, and I'm a long time lurker, but it's the first time that I post something. Unfortunately, my first post is to ask for help :(

I have a DD3 version 1 - Japanese, Long Chip, Large DC Jack - that I got in a non-functioning state. After a complete recap and replacing Q5 (I had no dry signal at the Mono output, never) it was almost on a useable state. By the bay, thank you Laurie and Pepe for ( is also very interesting!).

The only remaining problem is the 5 second mute. After a long afternoon, I discovered that my Q13 passed on! This transistor is no more! It has ceased to be! It's expired and gone to meet its maker! It's a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace! If it wasn't soldered on the board it'd be pushing up the daisies! Its semiconductive processes are now history! It's off the twig! Kicked the bucket, 'shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-TRANSISTOR!!

The thing is: can I put any PNP audio transistor there, or do I really need the original 2SA1115F in place? It is a rather difficult part in Brazil. Can I put a BC556 or similar in Q13?

I tried the original 2SA1115 datasheet, to maybe figure out what's the equivalent part, but it's all in japanese...

Thanks in advance.
Ulbrich
New User

Re: DD3 Version 1 - Help finding transistor

Postby Laurie » Sat May 26, 2018 9:22 pm

I told you once...

Any small signal transistor will work. Take care with pin-outs. Modern transistors are different to the old ones.
Laurie
Multi Platinum Member
BossArea Multi Platinum Member

Postby zombiwoof » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:48 pm

According to the NTE cross-reference, this NTE transistor (the PNP choice) is an equivalent:

Click on "Check Stock" here, and they give you a long list of suppliers who stock that particular transistor:

If you don't know, NTE replacements are usually generic transistors that meet the specs of the part they are replacing, make sure you check the pinout against the data sheet for the original part to see if it is the same, as noted previously.

Did you try doing a search for that part number on the internet?. I did, but don't have time to go through all the results. The NTE replacement is available here, and probably a bunch of other places:

Of course, this is in the U.S. and you're in Brazil, but anyway I'm sure you can at least find the NTE part somewhere there.

Good luck,
Al
zombiwoof
Silver Member

Postby Boogieman » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:49 am

In case you still need help with Japanese to English translation, shoot me a PM either here or at the new forum.
Boogieman
Silver Member

Return to Boss Pedals