[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
StompBoxZone • View topic - SHELF LIFE of vintage pedals?

SHELF LIFE of vintage pedals?

Re: SHELF LIFE of vintage pedals?

Postby Pieraga » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:49 pm

Keep them comming guys!!, I'm learning, :geek:
Pieraga
Silver Member

Postby usedpedals » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:35 am

usedpedals
Copper Member

Postby Laurie » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:10 am

To reiterate - the stated purposes are different. Making a product look good for for sale is materially different to storing that product for 2/3/4 decades.

In the context of long term storage, I respectfully submit that to determine the possible long term harm from chemical cleaners, one does need to be a chemical engineer or professional conservator or similar. Or one needs to wait 30-40 years to see if there is a problem.

My advice remains (and for clarity - it is an opinion because there are no facts) - because it is not known with certainty that there is no long-term risk, don't use chemicals on pedal "rubber" prior to long term storage. It would be a tragedy if a melted mess was found when the pedal was unboxed in 2046.
Laurie
Multi Platinum Member
BossArea Multi Platinum Member

Postby Mark123 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:49 am

Mark123
Silver Member

Postby usedpedals » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:02 am

usedpedals
Copper Member

Postby Dirk » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:17 pm

Dirk
Double Platinum Member
BossArea Double Platinum Member

Postby sclitheroe » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:50 pm

sclitheroe
Platinum Member

Postby usedpedals » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:40 am

Exactly-
I think for there to be a demand there has to be a sustainable size in the market... if there's one- they won't come up enough for anyone to care...

I think Klons are overpriced-

It's overhyped- Is it expensive because it sounds good?

Compare it to a Mesa Boogie Mark II C+ with all the desirable features... They exist, they sound good- so good they're never on the market.
Klons- are all over...

I had one pedal- I didn't realize the value.... sold it for over $1000... Pefftronics Super Rand-O-Matic

BUT- really with anything of value...
Another guarded secret of mine...

In gear- you have to attach a name to it for it to be worth anything.
Not name as in signature model -but basically someone famous has to use it for anyone to care...

I think the Hendrix and EVH used gear will always go up- but the stuff the hair bands used will probably tank after this generation doesn't care- (by this generation I mean old people with money)

Arion pedals- garbage... All worth $20 used.
Clapton's guitar tech throws a Arion Chorus in his board... he likes it- he uses it-
Goes to $200... and every Arion is worth $20 except the chorus that clapton used-

Tom Morello, Radiohead, a few others- if they use it- it catches on and bumps the market.

Sometimes stuff goes up for some reason
Digitech Hendrix and Digitech Brian May were $99 pedals
I sold a Brian May for $350- the hendrix's were going for over 200 but the market tanked and they're closer to 100 now...

thats the problem too
If i sell something for a crazy amout of money that isn't valuable... then people see it- then they say 'i got one, if i can get that for it then i'll sell it'
they put it on the market- and the market gets flooded.
usedpedals
Copper Member

Postby Dirk » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:38 pm

I agree that in order to create a demand there has to be a supply, and that will gain growth if someone famous happened to use it.

So, that could mean some Boss pedals would go up, because a)there's a lot of them, and b)some big names used them.
Let's say for instance Slash uses the DD-3 pedal a lot, and Kurt Cobain used the DS-1 a lot.
But both of those pedals are still in production, is that a reason why they didn't go up in price?

And then why is the SP-1 so sought after?....Nobody famous I know ever used one.
I know forum hype-ing skyrockets pricing as well.
Dirk
Double Platinum Member
BossArea Double Platinum Member

Postby Pieces Of The Night » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:42 pm

Pieces Of The Night
Gold Member

PreviousNext

Return to Boss Pedals