[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
StompBoxZone • View topic - New Boss pedals

New Boss pedals

Re: New Boss pedals

Postby fuzzbuzzfuzz » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:39 pm

Yes, the Funny Cat is a curious bit of kit, very much a "Is it broken?" experience! The Soft Distortion has bags of sustain but is quite muffled and crackly when pushed. The envelope side always has an undercurrent of squelch or cat noise under the quack! :lol:

Those quirks aside its quite novel and may find it's way onto a recording or too. I Paired it up with my Bee Baa, boost into boost/fuzz was quite a kick! :thumbs:
fuzzbuzzfuzz
Platinum Member

Postby Danpol » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:11 am

Yesterday arrived: Boss JB-2
What a great versatile pedal!
So many different sounds and possibilities.
Only had little time to play with it, but it sounds great.
I will compare it with my MI audio Crunch box, see if I can make the same sounds together with the BD-2.
Attachments
Boss JB-2.jpg
Boss JB-2.jpg (124.03 KiB) Viewed 3233 times
Danpol
Bronze Member

Postby fuzzbuzzfuzz » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:01 pm

Aha - the hybrid of well respected brand and well....JHS ;)

Curious to hear some more feedback. looks versatile.
fuzzbuzzfuzz
Platinum Member

Postby natthu » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:52 pm

natthu
Double Platinum Member
BossArea Multi Platinum Member

Postby The_Doc » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:52 am

Just heard that a JB-2 is waiting for me. Picking it up tomorrow. Can’t wait :bouncy: :bouncy:
The_Doc
Gold Member
BossArea Gold Member

Postby sclitheroe » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:36 am

I had a JB-2 on order, but cancelled it - I bought a new Jeep Wrangler, and after taxes, the pedal would have equaled a jeep payment, so I said forget it. A rare moment of fiscal responsibility (the pedal, not the jeep :D )
sclitheroe
Platinum Member

Postby Danpol » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:04 am

I Compared my new Boss JB-2 with my MI audio Crunch Box and the Boss BD-2.

The JB-2 in BD-2 mode can make the same sounds as the original BD-2.
Also the Angry Charlie sounds are pretty identical to the Crunch Box.

Almost al the settings of the JB-2 are to attain with the BD-2 and Crunch Box.
I couldn't make the parallel mode. And that's one of the best mode.
Great to have it all in one pedal. With the remote control the versatility increases!
I really like the B-in-J mode and the parallel mode, to obtain with only one pedal without extra cables and switches!
And it can make killer-sounds! :twisted: :thumbs:
Danpol
Bronze Member

Postby Mark123 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:45 pm

As things seem to come to an end here I'll share this recent purchase with you..
Got a good deal on the whole set but was particularly interested in the Catalinbread F5. It's awesome, but nothing wrong with an FRV or DD7 either :-)
I'm pleasantly surprised by the FBM Image

Verstuurd vanaf mijn D5803 met Tapatalk
Mark123
Silver Member

Postby Gasgano » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:50 pm

Or an RC-3! Nice score man!
Gasgano
Silver Member

Postby Mark123 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:38 am

Mark123