[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
StompBoxZone • View topic - TR-2 Tremolo Question Pre SMT version

TR-2 Tremolo Question Pre SMT version

TR-2 Tremolo Question Pre SMT version

Postby call_of_ktulu25 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:30 pm

Hello to you all,

Good day! I just want to ask when was the TR-2 Tremolo circuitry turned into Surface Mount by Boss? I am planning to buy the Pre-SMT version for modding and what should be the possible colors of the label? I have a Boss CE-5 Pre-SMT and that one has a pink label.

I was a member of Bossarea too before, though not too active and more on just lurking the threads.

Up to these days, I still have my Bosses namely;

PH-1r
BF-2
DSD-2
DD-7
HF-2
CE-5 - modded more lush chorus, pre SMT version
GE-7 - modded with Monte Allums kit
GEB-7 - modded with Monte Allums Kit
CS-3 - modded with Monte Allums Opto Plus Mod
EH-2
LS-2
NS-2
RV-2

Before, I had these Boss dirt pedals as well but eventually sold them as I decided to only get the distortion from my amp;
MT-2
SD-1
MD-2
BD-2
DS-1

I had also these pedals but sold them as well;
AW-3
RC-2

...and I am planning to acquire all of this yet;
RC-3
PQ-3B
DD-2
TR-2
PS-6
a wah but not Boss :mrgreen:
a Tuner but not boss :mrgreen:

Wish me luck and more power to this forum!!!
call_of_ktulu25
New User

Re: TR-2 Tremolo Question Pre SMT version

Postby charmonder » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:20 pm

are you sure there is an SMT version of TR-2? I'm also planning to mod one up eventually, these are the two versions I've read about:

http://www.monteallums.com/pedal_mods.html#TR2
NEW:
OLD:

some useful links for TR-2 mod ideas:
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/i ... #msg732436
http://bounav.free.fr/wp/?p=254
charmonder
Gold Member

Postby call_of_ktulu25 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:38 pm

call_of_ktulu25
New User

Postby Pieces Of The Night » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:31 pm

The Ch-1 switched from analog to digital in Nov 2001. You can tell which is which mostly by the labels but you should used the serial number decoder to be sure when it was made.

http://www.bossarea.com/serial/sndecoder.aspx
Pieces Of The Night
Gold Member

Postby Boogieman » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:52 am

Sorry for reviving a 4-year-old thread.

Just in case the TR-2's PCB will go the SMD route in the future, if not already: I have recently picked up a TR-2.

The serial decoder page said it was built in Aug 2015. Through-hole components on the PCB.
Boogieman
Silver Member

Return to Boss Pedals