[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
StompBoxZone • View topic - Finally a mod to get rid of the DC-2's distortion problems!

Finally a mod to get rid of the DC-2's distortion problems!

Finally a mod to get rid of the DC-2's distortion problems!

Postby Pepe » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:51 pm

Pepe
Multi Platinum Member
BossArea Double Platinum Member

Re: Finally a mod to get rid of the DC-2's distortion proble

Postby Fallen_lassen » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:11 pm

Good info Now i need to hunt one dc-2 down. :D
Fallen_lassen
Silver Member

Postby Ptak » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:56 pm

I still haven't had a DC-2 yet. Don't like the sound of this distortion you talk about, let us know how the mod turns out!
Ptak
Silver Member

Postby 1969atam » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:53 am

I bought a mint one this week. What a gorgeous sound. It's so lush and smooth it's amazing. You don't realise how great it sounds until you actually hear it in front of you. Mode 1 is my favourite. In stereo it's fantastic. Maybe using compression or Limiting can keep the distortion down? I didn't notice any on mine.
1969atam
Copper Member

Postby Pepe » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:04 am

The modification is on my to-do-list for the next weeks. I will report if it works as described.
Pepe
Multi Platinum Member

Postby fuzzbuzzfuzz » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:14 am

Great info.

Let us know how eveything turns out.

Now I have to pull my Dc-2 down from the top shelf and try it out. :lol:
fuzzbuzzfuzz
Platinum Member

Postby Pepe » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:35 am

It's four years later and I've put that on my to-do list. I hope that I can tell you soon if this procedure really improves the performance of the DC-2.
Pepe
Multi Platinum Member

Postby fuzzbuzzfuzz » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:44 am

Good luck Pepe :)

Are you joining the new forum perchance?
fuzzbuzzfuzz
Platinum Member

Postby Pepe » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:13 am

I did.
Pepe
Multi Platinum Member

Postby Pepe » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:50 am

Update:

I just tried this modification today. I cannot recommend it at all. It's awful and I reversed it again. The DC-2 did indeed have more headroom and less distortion with hotter signals, but every tiny bit of sound was now accompanied by clearly audible high noise.

So I have to live with the slight distortion here and there, especially with my neck pickup. One day I will try it against the DC-2W and check if the new model has less distortion.
Pepe
Multi Platinum Member

Return to Boss Pedals