One for Pepe

Synths, Recording Gear...

Re: One for Pepe

Postby Pepe » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:34 pm

Me, too! But I had liked to get this one, because I had the chance to pick it up locally.
Pepe
Multi Platinum Member
BossArea Double Platinum Member

Postby Pepe » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:04 am

Pepe wrote::x Just great! This synth has now been sold to a guy in Cologne. It was agreed that I should pick it up tomorrow and now the seller says that he has sold it! And I was the first person who contacted the seller. But the backlight of the display was faulty anyway, so I'm not too angry that I don't get this synth. I just don't like how I didn't get it. :evil:

Well, the next cheap Wavestation EX will wait for me somewhere.

Well, that was more than four years ago and meanwhile I managed to pick up a cheap Wavestation EX in late December,
then I bought a KORG Prophecy in February (won't keep that one),
and I just came home with this one:

This was a hunt that took almost 15 years, because these are so heavily overpriced nowadays! It's an awesome machine with lots of sounds under its hood. It's just like I thought and hoped it would be. I already love it to pieces! :D
Pepe
Multi Platinum Member

Postby skugga » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:37 pm

Pepe wrote:then I bought a KORG Prophecy in February (won't keep that one),

Did you manage to find one with all the buttons intact? everyone one I've seen around here has at least one button broken (usually the same ones).

I loved that synth when it came out. But the gloss started to fade pretty quickly with the Nords and Korg Z1 that came out after it.

Pepe wrote:This was a hunt that took almost 15 years, because these are so heavily overpriced nowadays! It's an awesome machine with lots of sounds under its hood. It's just like I thought and hoped it would be. I already love it to pieces! :D

Nice find Pepe! look great.
skugga
Gold Member
Site Admin

Postby Pepe » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:07 pm

The KORG Prophecy is in mint condition and it works without a single flaw. Some sounds are impressive, but I'm simply the analogue guy. I might like to try the Z1 one day, though. But the Prophecy cooled off my GAS for one. But all those wheels and controllers are very nice and make some sounds very organic and kind of "real".

The X-911 is awesome. It has CV and Trigger In and Out as well as Filter Cutoff and FM jacks that can be used with external devices. The tracking is a lot, lot better than that of the External Signal Processor of the KORG MS-20 Mini (the X-911 manual says that it's basically a KORG MS-03). With the trigger and CV options I can now use the guitar synth to play my MS-20 Mini or Mono/Poly with guitar (or bass or whatever). :mrgreen: The "Instrument" and "Synthe" sections are very similar to those of the KORG Sigma (KP-30). Very basic on first look, but those modes interact with each other. And it has some funky envelope filter modes (glitchy if played polyphonic, due to the triggering via the Synthe section) plus a hidden Slow Gear mode! :ugeek:
Pepe
Multi Platinum Member

Postby Pepe » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:06 pm

A few more pics:

Pepe
Multi Platinum Member

Postby Dirk » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:01 pm

Cool, I would like a demo video of that.
Dirk
Double Platinum Member

Postby Pepe » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:26 pm

There will be one. Can't say when, though. I haven't recorded a bit since moving into our new home, because of various health problems. :x
Pepe
Multi Platinum Member

Postby Dirk » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:03 am

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. I wish you all good health then.

Are the white buttons sound presets?
Dirk
Double Platinum Member

Postby Pepe » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:46 am

Thank you! :)

Yes, the white buttons are "instrument" presets. And they are overall really cool. The "Flute" is very nice in a mellow filter tone and with portamento. That sounds similar to a Theremin. And the other sounds are also great.
Pepe
Multi Platinum Member

Previous

Return to High Tech