NPD: Digitech Drop

All other brands

NPD: Digitech Drop

Postby BearBoy » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:51 am

I've had my eye on one of these, or something similar like the EHX Pitch Fork, for a long time and eventually picked one up a week or so back.

I was after something to drop my sound by a few semi-tones, so it acted like a sort of reverse capo, for recording my songs in a key more accommodating to my voice.

The tracking is rock solid - I've not experienced any glitching at all.

The dropped tone is natural sounding, although it does start to get a little bit more "synthy" the lower you go. Not a problem for my needs but might be more of an issue if you wanted to drop 7 semi tones or something on a regular basis but keep everything sounding natural.

I've not noticed any latency whatsoever, although admittedly I don't do lots of super fast shredding etc.

The only downside, apart from the aesthetics of the thing (obviously subjective but I'm not a fan :lol: ) is that I do most of my playing at fairly low volumes and I can hear the original pitch of the strings in addition to the dropped pitch coming out of my amp. Sometimes this makes it sound like I'm using some sort of harmony effect. This is clearly not a shortcoming of the pedal itself but just the way I tend to play and won't be an issue for those of you who like to crank it out through a 100W stack :twisted: This doesn't affected the recorded tone though - which is what I bought the pedal for.

All in all I am pleased with it :thumbs: Which is nice as it was the first pedal I have bought in absolutely ages :shock:
BearBoy
Gold Member

Re: NPD: Digitech Drop

Postby fuzzbuzzfuzz » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:57 am

Nice buy. Certainly more compact than previously available, and in theory quite a few users beyond simple low-tuned heavy stuff.

:thumbs:

Im still stuck in the late 80s (?) with my Whammy WH-1, I had my eye on that one for a long time too!
fuzzbuzzfuzz
Platinum Member

Re: NPD: Digitech Drop

Postby sclitheroe » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:31 pm

I've got one on my board, primarily for lazy Eb tuning :D

It's solid - exceeded my expectations for tracking and latency
sclitheroe
Platinum Member

Return to Other Pedals