Phased shutdown of SBZ

Re: Phased shutdown of SBZ

Postby Franzoni » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:51 am

Big Thank You to Skugga for putting this place together.... :guinness: :guinness: ..and everyone who helped out keeping it running.....:guinness: :guinness:

I haven't been around much as of late for several reasons although i do lurk from time to time and read the posts....unfortunately after turning my laptop on i'm done so i wouldn't of been of much use to anyone in helping to run a place lke this....

I was never a collector to begin with even over on the Bossarea site and in recent years i've found i am buying less gear and effects in particular....i have my GT-8 on the main gigging board that i use in the 4CM with my little Laney combo ( i don't even scratch the surface with that beast mainly for ease of switching ) and a smaller pedalboard i put together with some Boss and other pedals i had in a drawer and that seem to work for me over the last few years.........

Some of you who know me on Facebook might be aware that one of the lads in the band past away suddenly in April and i can't even begin to tell you all the hole that has left in our lives with the rest of us along with putting the band to bed...we just didn't have the heart to go on and to be honest even now with another band i play with i find it very hard to drag myself out the door to gigs or get involved in music in general.... ......

Also i've found a good bit of my time taken up with helping in containing the fallout of Brexit in Ireland as it's going to have a major impact on my country as i'm sure many of you are aware ....

Anyways i gave Laurie my details .... feel free any of the hands to ask me any questions if you think i can help you with anything or just to keep in touch with whatever we get going in the future...... :guinness: :guinness:
Franzoni
Gold Member
BossArea Double Platinum Member

Postby Mark123 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:59 pm

Franzoni wrote:Big Thank You to Skugga for putting this place together.... :guinness: :guinness: ..and everyone who helped out keeping it running.....:guinness: :guinness:

I haven't been around much as of late for several reasons although i do lurk from time to time and read the posts....unfortunately after turning my laptop on i'm done so i wouldn't of been of much use to anyone in helping to run a place lke this....

I was never a collector to begin with even over on the Bossarea site and in recent years i've found i am buying less gear and effects in particular....i have my GT-8 on the main gigging board that i use in the 4CM with my little Laney combo ( i don't even scratch the surface with that beast mainly for ease of switching ) and a smaller pedalboard i put together with some Boss and other pedals i had in a drawer and that seem to work for me over the last few years.........

Some of you who know me on Facebook might be aware that one of the lads in the band past away suddenly in April and i can't even begin to tell you all the hole that has left in our lives with the rest of us along with putting the band to bed...we just didn't have the heart to go on and to be honest even now with another band i play with i find it very hard to drag myself out the door to gigs or get involved in music in general.... ......

Also i've found a good bit of my time taken up with helping in containing the fallout of Brexit in Ireland as it's going to have a major impact on my country as i'm sure many of you are aware ....

Anyways i gave Laurie my details .... feel free any of the hands to ask me any questions if you think i can help you with anything or just to keep in touch with whatever we get going in the future...... :guinness: :guinness:
":guinness::guinness:"
Good place to be, Ireland; also after brexit. (Political statements not allowed here, I know, but we're shutting down anyways)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn D5803 met Tapatalk
Mark123
Silver Member

Postby DarrinPA » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:03 am

Wow, I know this was a temporary fix to Bossarea closing but hearing that this amazing group of people are losing their community is disappointing and I will do what is necessary to begin *the next chapter of this community's future.

I don't use social media because of the way people treat others with hostility and arguing non-stop. Yet, This was a special place in the world where people respect each others opinions, even when they disagree. To outsiders it may seem like a place that time has forgot, but I like to see it as a place where people have not forgotten that respect, manners, and helping their community is what makes a place like this worth saving.

I'll look into options for a new forum, we've moved once before, we can do it again. :thumbs:

*the next chapter is a positive move for the community. I (and probably everyone here) is grateful for Skugga keeping the community alive for these past years and I hope everybody will be as grateful for the next move to our next forum. I have purchased the Domain and will have the site up and open for registration as soon as possible. Until then I hope everyone continues to enjoy their time here. I'll post updates when I have them.
DarrinPA
Silver Member

Postby Pepe » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:31 am

Thanks a lot! I'm looking forward to what will await us in the future.

My 11-year-old son was really sad to hear that SBZ is going to become a read-only-forum and he already suggested if we wanted to use a free forum platform to keep the community alive. His favourite youth magazine (the oldest in the world, called "floh!") is going to publish the last and final issue in December and the accompanying forum will then be closed as well. Some of its members started a new forum with "Xobor" which seems to be a free and easy solution. During the last few weeks my son always urged me to suggest Xobor to you. ;)

In the meantime it was great to save the contents of some of our most popular and most visited threads. I'd be a bit unhappy if it all got lost in a few years.
Pepe
Multi Platinum Member
BossArea Double Platinum Member

Postby BearBoy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:45 am

Fantastic news DarrinPA! :thumbs:

Thanks for taking this on. And thanks again to Skugga for providing the lifeboats last time.
BearBoy
Gold Member

Postby Guga Ramone » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:41 am

More of a lurker than a poster but I really liked this place. The kind of respect you see here is very rare on the web. Anyways, thanks for everybody that made this forum alive. :thumbs:
Guga Ramone
Silver Member

Postby DarrinPA » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:41 pm

GOOD NEWS!!! I have been able to get a new forum going, you can begin registering immediately. After registering, PM your SBZ post count numbers or awards, so they'll be shown on the new forum. I am still setting up the forums, and working on small issues. There may be down times, but it's just temporary.

http://www.bossareaforum.com/Forum/index.php

http://www.bossareaforum.com/Forum/index.php <-- or copy and paste

Make sure you're using the entire link, as I do not have a main (landing) page yet for the site. Also make sure your browser doesn't add the "S" to http as the site is not "https" yet.

While SBZ is still usable, I'd suggest saving any important post you may have made or read. SBZ is a wonderful site that will continue being apart of the history of this community just as much as Bossarea was.
DarrinPA
Silver Member

Postby Steam Abacus » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:40 pm

I've not posted in a few years but I do drop back in to browse periodically.

I've always appreciated the lack of Facebook-style hysteria on here (which seems to infect more and more of the online world). This may be a bit of a quiet backwater but it's a FRIENDLY backwater. :)

I'll register for the new forum (BossArea! :D ) although I'm not sure how active I'll be. I will be dropping in from time to time and it's the first place I'll visit should any of my Boss pedals start misbehaving (as if?). I'm currently using my old BF-2 again (depping in a punk band) after quite a few years stored away in a drawer. Good to hear it's swoosh again (although my PH-1R is my first love).

See you on the other side.
Steam Abacus
Silver Member

Postby DasBeef » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:34 am

Sad times. :cry:
Thanks to skugga, and everyone who put in the work to keep this community alive after the bossarea forum ceased to exist. I've been more of a lurker since this forum started, but I do still hear from some members back and forth.
Have registered for the new forum, and hope to see you all over there soon.
Thanks again everyone. You've been brilliant. :thumbs: <3
DasBeef
Gold Member
BossArea Platinum Member

Postby sclitheroe » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:49 am

DarrinPA wrote:GOOD NEWS!!! I have been able to get a new forum going, you can begin registering immediately. After registering, PM your SBZ post count numbers or awards, so they'll be shown on the new forum. I am still setting up the forums, and working on small issues. There may be down times, but it's just temporary.

http://www.bossareaforum.com/Forum/index.php

http://www.bossareaforum.com/Forum/index.php <-- or copy and paste

Make sure you're using the entire link, as I do not have a main (landing) page yet for the site. Also make sure your browser doesn't add the "S" to http as the site is not "https" yet.

While SBZ is still usable, I'd suggest saving any important post you may have made or read. SBZ is a wonderful site that will continue being apart of the history of this community just as much as Bossarea was.

Awesome - if you want any technical help or have questions, let me know and maybe I can help. Please, please, I beg of you, make sure you have off-server backupus :) Let's not repeat the sins of Bossareas past. I'm even willing to pay for a second cloud server or pool of disk that runs as an offline mirror at all times - if that interests you let's talk.

No more failures, walk-away's, or random disasters - this third forum must stand the test of time.
sclitheroe
Platinum Member

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Announcements