Welcome to Stomp Box Zone

Re: Welcome to Stomp Box Zone

Postby Disco Stu » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:00 pm

TouchWah,

I thought about that, and the answer is, they are both fun in their own way. Both are dirty jobs with their inherent hazards. Brewing, you could get in a tank that hasn't been properly vented of CO2 and die, or get sprayed with boiling wort or strong chemicals when a hose connection fails.

Firewooding, you use hazardous chainsaws, and errant limbs can break your neck, or a falling tree might squish you. But the ability to make your own schedule is a bonus.

Nice thing about brewing is that you are almost guaranteed a steady supply of the best beer you are able to brew, at reasonable prices. Downside is that you're married to your job and responsible for every aspect of production flow and quality control. You must deal with suppliers of raw ingredients, cleaning chemicals, the water company, the gas suppliers, employees and employers. When some industrial tank or pump goes wonky, you need to be capable of improvising and dealing with industrial maintenance and fabrication people.

At least at the microbrewery / brewpub level that I'm familiar with. But I generally had a lot of fun brewing, as everyone loves Beer and you are always meeting new Friends.

Firewood doesn't come with an attractive staff of waitresses lurking about with tasty Pub Food. That is definitely a drawback. :(

As far as the Jersey Devil goes, they are elusive, shy creatures like your Bigfoot in NorCal. Sometimes i see something out of the corner of my eye at dusk, and leave the area immediately. :arrow:
Disco Stu
Silver Member

Postby Cavefish34 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:22 pm

Disco S

Glad to have you finally aboard mate.... been traveling during the holidays but glad to see you made it to the other side friend. I remember seeing a movie about the Jersey Devil... kindof a mocumentary indie film but entertaining....

before Blair Witch took off..... what is the name?

Anyhoo....glad to see anyone from my time zone here.... welcome back and hope you had a great Christmas
Cavefish34
Silver Member
BossArea Gold Member

Postby Franzoni » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:57 pm

Any of you guys want to see any spooky shit i would be happy to bring you to some seriously scary places in our countryside where the ghosts of the ancient Irish can scare the bejaysus out of you.....and i'm not messing........ ;) ..... :guinness: :guinness:
Franzoni
Gold Member
BossArea Double Platinum Member

Postby Steam Abacus » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:30 pm

Hello to one and all on Stomp Box Zone.

Some of you guys helped me out on the BossArea Forum when I was looking for replacement power sockets for my PH-1r aND BF-2 (many thanks, again for the help). Now I've found my way over here to SBZ.
Seems like all the same faces and friendly as ever. :)

-Steve
Steam Abacus
Silver Member

Postby DB Cooper » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:32 pm

Steam Abacus wrote:Hello to one and all on Stomp Box Zone.

Some of you guys helped me out on the BossArea Forum when I was looking for replacement power sockets for my PH-1r aND BF-2 (many thanks, again for the help). Now I've found my way over here to SBZ.
Seems like all the same faces and friendly as ever. :)

-Steve

Welcome! Glad you found your way over! :thumbs:
DB Cooper
Platinum Member

Postby Steam Abacus » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:41 pm

I can't seem to find how to upload an avatar?
Steam Abacus
Silver Member

Postby Steam Abacus » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:03 pm

No problem - found it! :D
Steam Abacus
Silver Member

Postby The_Doc » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:50 pm

Hi Steve and welcome back again - good to have you back on board mate. :guinness: :guinness: :guinness: :thumbs:
The_Doc
Gold Member
BossArea Gold Member

Postby Franzoni » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:04 pm

Welcome to the forum.......... :guinness: :guinness:
Franzoni
Gold Member
BossArea Double Platinum Member

Postby jack » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:06 am

Darn, I guess I haven't been to the BossArea Forum in a long time....Didn't realize all the changes...I used to have the MC5 avatar on the old BossArea forum...Been way busy with school the past couple years, then started a new job in Novemeber as a rebuild tech at an electronics repair facility...Anyways...Just thought I'd say HI...
jack
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Announcements