To new members: who are we & where did this forum come from?

To new members: who are we & where did this forum come from?

Postby Laurie » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:36 pm

If you are new to StompBoxZone, it is probably worth noting that while the forum looks new, many members have known each other for many years.

This community started out as a refuge when www.BossArea.com/forum crashed. When it wasn't possible to revive BossArea (much lamented) this forum, with great thanks to skugga, became our new home.

Many of us had thousands of posts over on BossArea - for example, zerksies had 7090 posts, and franzoni had 5595. This may help to explain some of the inscrutable comments you might read and some conversations that seem to be between old friends... (because they are)

New members are VERY welcome, and you will find that because we are really an established group we have good conduct toward everyone and an excellent attitude. Or rather, lack of attitude... people often comment that this is the friendliest music forum on the www.

If you are an old BossArea member who has just found us, welcome back! If you are a new member, welcome!!
Laurie
Multi Platinum Member
BossArea Multi Platinum Member

Re: To new members: who are we & where did this forum come f

Postby DB Cooper » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:33 pm

Cheers! :guinness: :lager: :guinness: :lager: :guinness: :lager: :guinness: :lager: :guinness: :lager:
DB Cooper
Platinum Member

Postby Zerksies » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:35 pm

Welcome all you new people.

I really think DB Cooper needs to buy everyone a drink here i hear that dude has tons of cash
Zerksies
Platinum Member

Postby DB Cooper » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:19 am

Currently 85 users, so, here you go...ENJOY!

:guinness: :lager: :guinness: :lager: :guinness: :lager: :guinness: :lager: :guinness: :lager: :guinness: :lager: :guinness: :lager: :guinness: :lager: :guinness: :lager: :guinness: :lager: :guinness: :lager: :guinness: :lager: :guinness: :lager: :guinness: :lager: :guinness: :lager: :guinness: :lager: :guinness: :lager: :guinness: :lager: :guinness: :lager: :guinness: :lager: :guinness: :lager: :guinness: :lager: :guinness: :lager: :guinness: :lager: :guinness: :lager: :guinness: :lager: :guinness: :lager: :guinness: :lager: :guinness: :lager: :guinness: :lager: :guinness: :lager: :guinness: :lager: :guinness: :lager: :guinness: :lager: :guinness: :lager: :guinness: :lager: :guinness: :lager: :guinness: :lager: :guinness: :lager: :guinness: :lager: :guinness: :lager: :guinness: :lager:

...and one for myself! :thumbs: :lager:
DB Cooper
Platinum Member

Postby Dirt Box » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:27 pm

Thank you so much skugga for setting this up and keeping the community alive. I agree the former Boss Area Forum was great and I was missing it. I thought there was something wrong with my internet and i finally found out what happened. Thanks again.
Dirt Box
Copper Member

Postby DarrinPA » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:36 pm

Thanks for continuing on now that the Bossarea Forum is closed. Do our old post counts not carry over? The reason why I ask is I'm planning on ordering a DingoTone pedal, didn't he used to give discounts to Bossarea members?
DarrinPA
Silver Member

Postby Laurie » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:41 pm

DarrinPA wrote:Thanks for continuing on now that the Bossarea Forum is closed. Do our old post counts not carry over? The reason why I ask is I'm planning on ordering a DingoTone pedal, didn't he used to give discounts to Bossarea members?

Skugga has been adding Bossarea "chevrons" to old members with high post counts. Not sure what your post count was?

As for DingoTone... you are an old and respected member of BossArea and now SBZ. Drop me a PM if you have an interest in a pedal.
Laurie
Multi Platinum Member
BossArea Multi Platinum Member

Postby DarrinPA » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:47 pm

I'm not able to use the PM function yet, perhaps there is a minimum post count needed?

As for Bossarea, more of a reader, post count was 271 I think.
DarrinPA
Silver Member

Postby skugga » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:19 pm

DarrinPA wrote:I'm not able to use the PM function yet, perhaps there is a minimum post count needed?

You are correct, it's set to 10 posts before PM's become available.
skugga
Gold Member
Site Admin

Postby Pepe » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:20 am

Nice to see you again, DarrinPA! Of course we remember you! Bring on your old avatar and it instantly feels like home again!

Pepe
Multi Platinum Member
BossArea Double Platinum Member

Next

Return to Forum Announcements