The old BossArea as an App?

Re: The old BossArea as an App?

Postby sclitheroe » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:16 pm

bossarea wrote:
Pepe wrote:I thought the main problem in the end was incompatibility with new forum software standards? It was nice to have some bits of information from the old forum back again as resource.

Yes, converting the old forum to a format understood by any other forum software was difficult and would take some time. The old forum software was a bit of a hacker's dream and that, combined with my dayjob taking way too much time is why I finally had enough and just shut it down. Today I would have had the time to work around the problems but time moves on...

I think the value would be not so much in making it usable as a functioning forum again, but as a huge collection of textual data that could be searched for relative tidbits of information and history. For example, what was the community thinking when the FBM-1 was released? We don't need to reply to those old threads, don't even neccessarily need them in a threaded format, but it would be great to see what people were saying.

As functioning forum software, it's not needed, but as an archeological resource, it would be nice. I can't imagine the database schema from the old software is so obtuse the contents couldn't be dumped into flat files.

-Scott
sclitheroe
Platinum Member

Postby Loksa » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:27 pm

I have some pedals with new labels, just let me know how to share pics.
Loksa
Copper Member

Postby bossarea » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:21 pm

Loksa wrote:I have some pedals with new labels, just let me know how to share pics.

Cool, easiest way is probably to send me an e-mail with the images. My address is borgetx@hotmail.com
:thumbs:
bossarea
Silver Member
BossArea Founder

Postby bossarea » Mon May 28, 2018 2:21 pm

I've published the first version of the BossArea app on google play.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... s.BossArea

I've already noticed some issues so there will be an update quite soon.
One minor issue is that I forgot a label in the label gallery. I'll leave it as a quiz to those that install to figure out which one is missing :D

Report any bugs or wishes here, to my email borgetx@hotmail.com or join the BossArea Facebook group (not to be confused with the bossarea group).
bossarea
Silver Member
BossArea Founder

Postby BearBoy » Tue May 29, 2018 12:51 pm

Just downloaded the new App :thumbs:
BearBoy
Gold Member

Postby bossarea » Tue May 29, 2018 2:40 pm

Cool :)
Just realized there's a bug where the app crashes when clicking a search result. Sorry about that. It will be fixed tomorrow.
bossarea
Silver Member
BossArea Founder

Postby BearBoy » Wed May 30, 2018 4:35 am

Hadn't tried using the search function. Was just having fun browsing around the various categories :)
BearBoy
Gold Member

Previous

Return to General Discussion