Thread for Old BossArea Memebers

Re: Thread for Old BossArea Memebers

Postby Laurie » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:56 pm

Sorry to hear about the music store. Glad everything else is going well!

Life overtakes us all - I am working too many hours again and little time for guitar. One thing for sure is that things will change and evolve :)
Laurie
Multi Platinum Member
BossArea Multi Platinum Member

Postby Franzoni » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:36 am

+1 on the Music shop and the owners health problems sorry to hear that......

Where i live in Dublin is between what were originally two small villages on the outskirts of the city which eventually were swamped by expansion but you can still see what was the original centre of the village so there were a couple of small music shops local to me within walking distance when i mved out here first...........i think in general it's getting harder for some bricks and mortar stores and shops to compete with the internet giants like Thomann as well....one of the shops up the road used to do Vinyl/CD/DVD's ( remember them... :D ) and some small music items...i used to get my strings there on a Saturday before a gig and bring the little ones when they were smaller as he had an old fashioned jelly bean machine and they loved putting the money in and twisting the handle until the jelly beans came out.........it's a barber shop now.... :( .....the other one still has the lights on and the window display but only seems to open now and again coming up to busy times like Christmas or the odd Saturday and really only carries budget gear now for people starting out...... :guinness: :guinness:
Franzoni
Gold Member
BossArea Double Platinum Member

Postby Dirk » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:07 pm

Sad to hear about the music store, Pepe.
My girlfriend went through something similar, she worked at a tool/pet/household store, but the owner couldn't find someone to buy it.
Being that he was in his 70's, he just had to stop. Closed the store and fired all his personel. It was very sad, because it was a really good store too.
Dirk
Double Platinum Member
BossArea Double Platinum Member

Previous

Return to General Discussion